The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has affected millions if not billions of people worldwide, Philippines included. Since Metro Manila has been in lockdown beginning March 15, 2020 and the Enhanced Community Quarantine firmly emphasized the people to stay at home, the Government tries to mitigate the effects of the current situation by providing some social & financial assistance to displaced workers.
The Department of Labor & Employment’s (DOLE) so-called “COVID-19 Adjustment Program Measure” or “CAMP” offers financial support to workers whose companies either:
- implemented flexible work arrangements or
- had to close temporarily because of the government’s lockdown order to stem the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHO CAN AVAIL OF THE CAMP?
Only the affected workers. Labor Advisory No. 12 clarified who are these affected workers:
Definition of Affected Worker [Article I, Section 3(b)]. Affected workers, regardless of status (i.e. permanent, probationary, or contractual), are those employed in private establishments whose operations are affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
IS THIS FOR METRO MANILA OR NATIONWIDE?
This is nationwide. [Article II, Section 3]
HOW TO AVAIL?
CAMP will serve as a “safety net” in order to give financial support to affected workers and “mitigate the adverse economic impacts and reduction of income”. The displaced workers will receive 5,000Php from the Government as long as the following is complied with:
- The employer/establishment will apply for the CAMP by submitting the “establishment report on the COVID19” pursuant to Labor Advisory No. 9 series of 2020. The employer must accomplish the revised Establishment Report Form (ERF) below, particularly the mandated fields.
- The employer should submit:
- The accomplished ERF above, and
- Company payroll for the month prior to the implementation of Flexible Work Arrangements or the temporary closure (month of February or earlier will do)
- Send via email with Subject Line: APPLICATION FOR COVID-19 AMP
- Send to the following email whichever DOLE Regional Office your company belongs:
Applications for CAMP will be evaluated by the concerned DOLE Regional Office within three (3) working days from receipt.
DOLE will then send the employer either a Notice of Approval of the application OR a Notice of Denial.
The CAMP has been approved on March 17, 2020. For more information about CAMP, you may visit: http://ncr.dole.gov.ph
Note: This is a one-time financial assistance to mitigate the 30-day quarantine effects to the lives of Filipinos AND only those who qualify may avail. Only workers in the private sector can avail of the CAMP.